Sunday 4 August 2013

On a personal note

Work Life

My first fortnight of work has been and gone and I'm preparing for my third Monday morning. 5.30am start! The upside is the train and tubes are pretty much empty at 6am. The down side is the eye bags beginning to form under my eyes, which put up a good fight with the concealer!


My outfit choices for these first two weeks have been quite varied. I've been absolutely rubbish at remembering to picture them each morning. (My brain doesn't work that early!) However, as I work in fashion, my everyday work wear may be slightly different from other people's. My outfits reflect more of a weekend look, rather than your typical office attire, which has proved extremely advantageous in this heat! For those of you interested, see right my day 1 outfit. (Top - H&M, Skirt - Primark, Necklace - Primark, Watch - Michael Kors)

Aside from my morning outfit choices, I've also been really enjoying the free morning Metro you find at any good train station. Some sections admittedly need a flick over, but it's definitely the thing keeping me awake during the morning journey while my eyes feel like lead. Following this, after I emerge from the tube, I always look for the man giving away the free Stylist magazine, although recently he's been giving away sport magazines which always makes me slightly disappointed first thing in the morning. You may have noticed a trend showing my love of a freebie! Yes I'm guilty of that, but I guess so are most of the country so I won't feel too bad about it. 

Next, I wanted to share with you a FABULOUS Indian restaurant in the heart of London, perfect for schmoozing clients, meeting friends after work for a special meal or just somewhere to spend your hard earned cash on a meal out that you won't regret (unless spice isn't your kind of thing). Moti Mahal in Covent Garden, London absolutely blew my socks off when I went there the other night. I'm already planning to take my boyfriend there, lucky boy! The best thing (apart from the food) is the glass window looking into the kitchen allowing you to see the chefs create the wonderful food. Yes, I really can't speak highly enough about it. Check it out at www.motimahal-uk.com and if you're booking, its worth requesting a table upstairs. Here's a picture of the kitchen from the other night.

Moti Mahal Kitchen - Covent Garden

I promise to post soon, with something more office related! Until then, enjoy the post and catch up with my previous posts. 

P.S. I'm really loving my fold up Dune shoes, featured in a previous post. They're saving my feet from commuter foot hell and I can quickly change once I arrive back to my work shoes (highly recommended, again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment